Testwood School is an Academy Trust seeking a Trustee to join the Board of Trustees, with experience either in education, finance or business. The post is a voluntary position.
The trustees of an academy trust are both charity trustees and company directors.
Trustees focus on the three core functions of governance:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and the strategic direction of the school.
- Holding school leaders to account for the educational performance of the school and its students and the performance management of staff.
- Overseeing and ensuring effective financial performance of the school.
Ideally, you must:
- Have a desire to play a part in improving our school.
- Be willing to build an open relationship with the staff and act as a critical friend and
- Be willing to give around 20 hours per term to attend meetings, visit the school and attend free training (usually in the evenings)
What do you get in return?
- An understanding into the long term planning of the school
- An opportunity to work with the trustees and staff in improving our school
- Training to develop an understanding of specific school management issues
- A great sense of achievement in making a real difference to our school
- The pleasure of seeing our students learning and developing
If you feel you are such a person, please contact the Headteacher’s P.A. to leave your name and a contact number so that a meeting with the Chair can be arranged to give first-hand information.
You might also like to look at the information for prospective governors on the Hampshire County Council website