Full-time (37 hrs/wk)
The post involves an alternate weekly shift pattern, earlies starting at 6am and afternoons starting at 2pm – plus one in four weekends. (Paid Time & Half Saturdays, Double Time Sundays)
Are you looking for varied and busy job as a caretaker in a friendly secondary school situated in Totton?
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a flexible attitude to all tasks assigned to the post, work within a team of 3, have a sense of humour, good communication skills, share routine portable appliance testing, maintain records, show initiative and be confident to work alone and be responsible for the security of the site during the evenings and weekends when on duty.
General building or good DIY skills essential. IT skills (Microsoft Office) advantageous.
The post requires someone able to porter and lift furniture and equipment on a regular basis. You may also be required to monitor and assist the cleaning team if and when necessary.
Regular training will be available.
Please download an application form and Role Profile from the school’s website www.testwood.hants.sch.uk and forward your completed application to Mrs J D Barker, Director of Finance, Testwood School, Testwood Lane, Totton, Southampton SO40 3ZW. J.firstname.lastname@example.org
Testwood School is committed to safeguarding children. Applications are subject to Enhanced DBS checks.
Closing date for applications Wednesday March 5th 2021.
£9.20 per hour
We urgently look to appoint several new Exam Invigilators to our team.
Duties to include completing an attendance register, checking and collation of examination papers, invigilation of GCSE and other examinations, together with general clerical duties in support of the examination process. On occasion, you may be required to read to candidates.
Exams usually take place during the months of November, January, April, May and June.
This is a part-time casual post for up to 12 weeks per year. The hours will be variable, between 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
For further information and to apply, please download the application from the Testwood School website. Alternatively, if you know anyone who might be interested in this post, please ask them to download the application form.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to the post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Testwood School is an Academy Trust seeking a Trustee to join the Board of Trustees, with experience either in education, finance or business. The post is a voluntary position.
The trustees of an academy trust are both charity trustees and company directors.
Trustees focus on the three core functions of governance:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and the strategic direction of the school.
- Holding school leaders to account for the educational performance of the school and its students and the performance management of staff.
- Overseeing and ensuring effective financial performance of the school.
Ideally, you must:
- Have a desire to play a part in improving our school.
- Be willing to build an open relationship with the staff and act as a critical friend and
- Be willing to give around 20 hours per term to attend meetings, visit the school and attend free training (usually in the evenings)
What do you get in return?
- An understanding into the long term planning of the school
- An opportunity to work with the trustees and staff in improving our school
- Training to develop an understanding of specific school management issues
- A great sense of achievement in making a real difference to our school
- The pleasure of seeing our students learning and developing
If you feel you are such a person, please contact the Headteacher’s P.A. to leave your name and a contact number so that a meeting with the Chair can be arranged to give first-hand information.
You might also like to look at the information for prospective governors on the Hampshire County Council website.