£9.20 per hour
We urgently look to appoint several new Exam Invigilators to our team.
Duties to include completing an attendance register, checking and collation of examination papers, invigilation of GCSE and other examinations, together with general clerical duties in support of the examination process. On occasion, you may be required to read to candidates.
Exams usually take place during the months of November, January, April, May and June.
This is a part-time casual post for up to 12 weeks per year. The hours will be variable, between 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
For further information and to apply, please download the application from the Testwood School website. Alternatively, if you know anyone who might be interested in this post, please ask them to download the application form.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to the post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Testwood School is an Academy Trust seeking a Trustee to join the Board of Trustees, with experience either in education, finance or business. The post is a voluntary position.
The trustees of an academy trust are both charity trustees and company directors.
Trustees focus on the three core functions of governance:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and the strategic direction of the school.
- Holding school leaders to account for the educational performance of the school and its students and the performance management of staff.
- Overseeing and ensuring effective financial performance of the school.
Ideally, you must:
- Have a desire to play a part in improving our school.
- Be willing to build an open relationship with the staff and act as a critical friend and
- Be willing to give around 20 hours per term to attend meetings, visit the school and attend free training (usually in the evenings)
What do you get in return?
- An understanding into the long term planning of the school
- An opportunity to work with the trustees and staff in improving our school
- Training to develop an understanding of specific school management issues
- A great sense of achievement in making a real difference to our school
- The pleasure of seeing our students learning and developing
If you feel you are such a person, please contact the Headteacher’s P.A. to leave your name and a contact number so that a meeting with the Chair can be arranged to give first-hand information.
You might also like to look at the information for prospective governors on the Hampshire County Council website.